Faculty, Students and Staff Email Delivery Address Update Instructions
Faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students who have set a Cal Poly Password may update their Email Delivery Address via the My Cal Poly portal.
Applicants receive Cal Poly User Names (firstname.lastname@example.org) that are automatically set to forward email to the email account provided with the application. Applicants should verify and update email delivery addresses associated with the Cal Poly User Name.
Steps to Update Email Delivery Address in the My Cal Poly Portal
- Log into the My Cal Poly portal at http://my.calpoly.edu with your official Cal Poly user name and password.
- Go to Personal Info tab.
- In My Info, choose Edit to the right of the Email Address field.
- Mail can be delivered to either your Cal Poly Office 365 account or an off-campus email address. Select your preferred delivery location. If mail is to be delivered to an off-campus address, enter the off-campus email address twice (Example: email@example.com).
Note: Applicants receive Cal Poly User Names but do not get Cal Poly email accounts until they register for classes and pay fees. As a result, Applicant email addresses must be one the Applicant has created with an outside email provider.
- Choose Update.
- SEND A TEST! Send an email to your Cal Poly email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and make sure it gets delivered to the account you specified. Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for your email address to update in all Cal Poly systems.
- Upon completing Step 5, an automatically generated email message confirming your change will be sent to your chosen email delivery address.
If you have any questions, please call the ITS Service Desk at email@example.com or call 805-756-7000.