Zimbra 7 Highlights
Zimbra was upgraded to version 7.2 on Sunday, August 12, 2012.
- Documents have been incorporated into the ‘Briefcase’ tab
- Creating calendar appointments is simplified: schedules automatically appear as you begin entering attendees and the use of separate sub-tabs has been eliminated
New calendar events can be saved as drafts. Please note the following:
- The “SAVE” button now saves a draft and only on the organizer’s calendar
- The new “SEND” button is used to invite people to calendar events
- Ability to view the your calendar when making appointments and to have multiple calendar entries open at the same time
- Calendar events can be copied
- Email invitations to calendar events now show a snippet from your calendar
- There is the option to have calendar reminders sent to you via email
- New method to link to shared calendars or other folder types
- Additional email preferences can be set for options like print font size and different signatures for new messages
- Trash for all applications: Mail, Calendar, Address Book and Tasks
- Option to undo last action taken
Resources for Zimbra 7
- Open Forum Presentation (PDF)
- What’s New in the Web Client (DOCX)
- Calendar Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Email Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Calendar Appointment Window Guide (PDF)
- Linking to Shared Calendars and Folders (PDF)
Zimbra 7 Web Client User Guide (PDF)
TIP: This is Zimbra’s detailed documentation. You will notice small differences in Cal Poly’s Zimbra implementation.
- Please contact your LAN Coordinator or the ITS Service Desk to for assistance to update your ZCO client.
For more information, visit the Email and Calendar Documentation site.
Contact the ITS Service Desk at 756-7000 or email@example.com