Audio and Web Conferencing Services
Want to set up a teleconference? Need to host a webinar?
If needed for your event...
- Contact Events Scheduling at 6-5550 to schedule a room for your event.
- Contact your telephone coordinator to obtain an authorization code to allow you to call off-campus phone numbers. If they do not have one, they must request one through the Telephone Requests portlet. (Please allow 72 hours to process.)
- Contact Media Distribution Services (MDS) to reserve a conference phone or laptop and projector.
Cal Poly Information Technology Services has identified two audio conference services.
Ring2 Audio and Web Conferencing
Ring2 is also an economical conferencing service for simple, reservationless dial-in audio conferencing or web conferencing. Ring 2 offers low per minute rates, direct billing to Pro-Cards (rather than Pinnacle department phone bills), and no set-up fees. Registration to use the discounted Ring2 services takes three to ten days.
To initiate Ring2 services, call Customer Support at 1-866-717-0207 and provide the Pro-Card you’ll be using to set-up an account. The support center will email a receipt to you with your Pro-Card masked for the processed payments. (Be assured this process will keep your information secure.) To assist in establishing your account, fill our the Ring2 Conferencing Order Form. If needed by Ring2, here is the User Set-Up spreadsheet. For questions on completing either form, please consult with Ring2 Customer Support when you call.
Ring2 offers web and audio conferencing with the following features:
Reservationless dial-in audio-conferencing – service is available 24 x 7 x 365 with no need to pre-book. Each department with their account has their own private conference facility which can also call internationally. When hosting a conference call, you’ll distribute your dial-in number and participant codes to all invitees. Then at the appointed time, all participants dial in and enter the participant code. The leader enters a leader code to activate and hangs up to end the conference call.
Web conferencing – services available from 2 market leaders, WebEx and Microsoft Live Meeting. Participants can share presentation with invited participants at your own pace, demonstrate features or products, train staff cost-effectively with efficiency, or co-edit documents for faster turnaround.
For a complete list of web conferencing features, visit the http://loopup.com website.
Ring2 services are billed to Pro-Cards and any billing inquiries should be directed to:
CenturyLink Audio and Web Conferencing
CenturyLink (formerly Qwest) is an economical conferencing service for dial-in reserved or reservationless audio conferencing or web conferencing. CenturyLink offers lower per minute rates, direct billing to Pro-Cards (rather than Pinnacle department phone bills), and no set-up fees. Registration to use the discounted CenturyLink services takes three to ten days.
- To initiate CenturyLink services, you must call Frank Saraceno at 818-746-2921 to request a Welcome Kit and sign up for Pro-Card billing as a CSU customer. (Be assured this process will keep your information secure.)
- The Welcome Kit will arrive in three to ten days.
- CenturyLink offers web and audio conferencing at two different service levels.
- Reservationless – After initial registration, the self-service account can be used on demand. This is the least expensive Audio Conference option.
- Reservation/Operator Assisted – After initial registration and with five hours advanced notice, an operator will help set up a conference service. A slightly higher per minute fee is charged.
- For a complete list of web conferencing features, visit the CenturyLink Conferencing Services website.
- CenturyLink services are billed to Pro-Cards after receipt of invoice to department. Billing inquiries should be directed to:
CenturyLink Business Customer Service/Reservations/Global Help Desk
https://www.centurylinkconference.com/ or 1-800-860-8000
Please contact the ITS Service Desk at 805-756-7000 if you have any questions.