Service Request System
Information Technology Services uses a hosted Service Request System offered by EnterpriseWizard. The Site Licensed Software System is also hosted on the SRS system.
Creating a Technical Service Request:
1. Log on to the Cal Poly Portal with your Cal Poly username and password.
2. Under the Single Click Links, click on “Technical Service Request”.
Note: If this link does not appear, click on the “Edit Links” option, check the “Technical Service Request” box, and click OK.
3. From the SRS home page, select the type of request related to the service being requested:
- Service Request: For technical issues or requests not covered by Account, CMS or Software requests. Issues include connectivity to Cal Poly internet and computers, email issues, and general troubleshooting.
Account Request: Requesting a new Cal Poly account or modifying/troubleshooting existing accounts.
(More on accounts)
Software Request: Requesting Cal Poly site-licensed software.
(More on requesting software)
CMS Account Request: Add or remove an account's CMS security.
(More on CMS)
4. Enter the information about your request.
Note: * fields are required.
General Issue: From the drop down menu, select the General Issue closest to the problem you are having. If you cannot find something that fits exactly, choose the “Other Technical Request”.
Note: Under “Software Related Issue,” there is no IFAS or BOE, so please choose “Other Software” and put more detail in the Summary and Description fields.
- Specific Issue: Select the option that matches your specific issue as closely as possible.
- Summary: Put a brief description of the problem you are experiencing.
- Description: Enter detailed description of the problem that would be helpful in resolving the issue, including the application you were running, screen that showed an error message, etc.
- Upload Files: upload related screenshots, forms, and other documents here.
5. Save the Service Request to submit it. You will receive an email confirmation with your ticket id. You can call the Service Desk with this id for faster service.
- SRS Modification Request form
- SRS Training PPT Presentation
- How to Create Template Tickets in SRS
- How to change your Search Preferences
- Responsible Use Policy Form for new student assistants
- Using the Software Request System to request and obtain Cal Poly Site-Licensed Software