Configure Outlook 2013 for Desktop (Windows)
Along with the web version, Office 365 will come with a desktop version as well. To configure Office 365 Outlook on a Windows computer, see the instructions below.
NOTE: If you have Outlook 2010, refer to Configure Outlook 2010 for Desktop (Windows).
- Enable Modern Authentication by downloading and opening Cal Poly Office 365 Enabler.
- On the desktop, search for Outlook 2013.
- A "Welcome" screen should appear. Select "Next."
- A screen will appear asking if you would like to connect Outlook to an email account. Select "Yes" and then click "Next."
- Enter your Cal Poly email address and select "Next."
- Outlook will begin to search for the Cal Poly email server.
- A Microsoft Outlook window should appear. If you are attempting to configure Outlook off campus, this window may not show up. If it does, fill in the username and password fields with your Cal Poly credentials.
- Outlook 2013 should now be configured on your desktop. Select "Finish."
Outlook will begin to load and will open on your computer automatically.
If you are having trouble, refer to the Troubleshooting page for installing Office 365 on desktop.