New Cal Poly Account Activation
Faculty and Staff
Faculty and Staff members may request new Cal Poly email and calendar accounts at with the Account Request form. Please FAX the form to the ITS Service Desk at 805.756.1536
The Cal Poly Admissions office will send Applicants an email with instructions to activate their My Cal Poly Portal accounts. For complete instructions visit the Admissions Access Help website. Applicant Cal Poly User Names will be automatically set to forward email to the email account provided with the application.
Applicants should verify and, if necessary, update email delivery addresses associated with the Cal Poly User Name.
- Set a password and log into My Cal Poly portal
- Find the Personal Info channel on the Main Tab
- Check the Email Delivery Address field contents
- Choose Update and enter a new Email Delivery Address if you wish
- Applicants get Cal Poly User Names but do not get Cal Poly email accounts until they register for classes and pay fees. As a result, the email address entered here must be one the Applicant has created on an outside email provider.
- SEND A TEST! Send an email to your Cal Poly email address (email@example.com) and make sure it gets delivered to the account you specified.
The Email Delivery Address is the email account where you actually receive and read email. One business day after activating accounts, go to Email Delivery Address Updates for instructions.
New students may begin using their Cal Poly email accounts two (2) days after they have registered for classes. To activate a new account follow the instructions to update your Email Delivery Address.