Set Up 365 Mail on Android (phone or tablet)
Below are instructions for setting up email for Office 365 on Android devices. If you have a previous email, you will need to remove the account before you set up your new Office 365 account.
If you do not have an Outlook account previously set up on your device, scroll down to the set up instructions below.
NOTE: Depending on the version of Android that you have, specific wording may differ from the directions on these instructions (i.e. "Accounts and Sync" on one device may just be "Accounts" on another). Please be aware that your device's wording may differ, but that regardless, the instructions should essentially be the same.
Remove Previous Account
- In order to remove a previous email account, go to your Settings.
- Go to Accounts (possibly labeled Accounts and Sync on another device) and select Microsoft Exchange Active.
- A list of accounts should appear under Microsoft Exchange Active. Tap the account you would like to remove.
- Tap the More Options icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- A drop down menu will appear with options to "Sync Now" or "Remove Account." Select "Remove Account."
- A "Remove Account?" window will appear to confirm that you would like to delete this email account. Tap "Remove Account."
Your email should now be removed and your device is now ready to add an Office 365 account. Refer to the set up instructions below to add your new account.
Set Up Email Using Microsoft Outlook for Android app
NOTE: Outlook for Android requires a device running Android 4.0 or later.
- Install the Outlook for Android app on your device from the Google Play Store.
- Tap Get Started, then tap Office 365.
- Enter your Cal Poly email address and go to the password field.
- You should be redirected to the mobile Cal Poly Portal Login page. Enter your Cal Poly credentials and Sign In.
- You should see your Cal Poly inbox.
Set Up Email Using Android Mail App
Tap Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add account > Microsoft Exchange.
This application might be named Mail on some versions of Android.
Add account may be an Add icon depending on the device.
Type your Cal Poly email address and your password, and then tap Next.
Under Email Address, type in your Cal Poly email address. Under server address, type in outlook.office365.com. Under Username, type your Cal Poly email address.
If you see Activate device administrator? page, select Activate.
Give the account a name, and then tap Done.
Your new Office 365 email account should now be added and activated.