Email Delivery Address (EDA)
Forwarding Cal Poly Email to a Non‐Cal Poly Account
Accounts are set to forward email to the email address provided with the application. Applicants should verify the email delivery address associated with their account by going to the My Cal Poly portal > Personal Info tab > My Info > Email Address.
Students, Faculty, and Staff
You can update your Email Delivery Address via the My Cal Poly portal. New, incoming students for the fall quarter get access to their email and calendar (Office 365) in mid to late July.
There are two ways Cal Poly users can forward their Cal Poly email to a personal email address. You can:
- Set up an Email Delivery Address (EDA), which bypasses Office 365 and delivers your Cal Poly email directly to your personal email. Follow the below instructions.
- Forward your Cal Poly Office 365 email to a non‐Cal Poly email, leaving a copy of the Cal Poly email in Office 365.
How to Update Email Delivery Address in the My Cal Poly Portal
- Log into the My Cal Poly portal with your Cal Poly username and password.
- Go to Personal Info tab.
- In the Personal Info portlet, under My Info to the right of the Email Address field click on the Edit link.
- Email can be delivered to your Cal Poly Office 365 account or an off-campus account. Select either Deliver to Office 365 or Deliver to the following email address.
- If you select Deliver to the following email address enter your email in the Enter email address and Verify email address fields.
- Click on the Update button.
- Send a test email to your Cal Poly email address (email@example.com) and make sure it gets delivered to the account you specified.
Note: It may take up to 30 minutes for your email address to update in all Cal Poly systems.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-756-7000.