Cal Poly Guest Wi-Fi Access
Step 1: Select Network
Open the list of wireless networks on your device and find CalPolyGuest.
Step 2: Create Account
The login page should appear automatically. Follow the Need an account? Click Here link, which will take you the Visitor Registration page.
Step 3: Visitor Registration
Enter your information in the required fields and check the Confirm box, then click the Register button.
Step 4: Visitor Registration Receipt
Click the Log In button.
Step 5: Network Login
Enter your username and password, check the Terms box, and click the Log in button. After logging in, you will be taken to the Cal Poly home page.
Step 6: Email Confirmation
To complete the process, you must open the confirmation email and follow the "click here" link while logged in. This must be done within the 15-minute grace period.
Step 7: Account Confirmation
You will be taken back to the Visitor Registration receipt page. Click the Confirm button to enable your account. Please note, this confirmation step can take up to 30 seconds.
Step 8: Account Activated
Now, your guest account is confirmed and active. Guest accounts are valid for five days, after which you may re-register using the same credentials.
Download Guest Wi-Fi instructions to print.
Blank Login Page
- Symptom: After entering your credentials on the login page and clicking the ‘Log In’ button, you are directed to a blank login page without a message telling you what is wrong.
- Solution: This happens if your account is expired. Please re-register your account following the steps above.
- Symptom: A certificate warning appears when you open your browser immediately after the initial connection to CalPolyGuest and before registering your account.
- Solution: This happens if you try to access a secure website (https) before registering. For an account, go to www.calpoly.edu to register.
- Symptom: You are unable to connect multiple devices to CalPolyGuest.
- Solution: Any single guest account may only have three active sessions at any one time, which translates to three devices online concurrently.