How to Submit a Service Request
1. Log in to the My Cal Poly portal with your Cal Poly username and password.
2. Under Single Click Links, click on Technical Service Request.
Note: If this link is not visible, click on Edit Links, check the Technical Service Request box, and click OK.
3. Select the type of request who would like to submit.
- Service Request: Technical issues or requests
- Software Request: Cal Poly site-licensed software
- Account Request: New Cal Poly account or modification (Faculty and Staff only)
- CMS Account Request: New account or a change in a user's CMS security (Faculty and Staff only)
4. Complete the request form and provide as much information as possible. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- General Issue: From the drop-down menu, select the General Issue closest to the problem you are having. If you cannot find something that fits, choose Other Technical Request.
- Specific Issue: Select the option that as closely as possible matches your specific issue.
- Summary: Enter a brief description of the problem you are experiencing.
- Description: Enter a detailed description of the issue, including browser, application, error message, etc.
- Upload Files: Upload related screenshots, forms, and other documents.
5. Click on the Save button to submit your Service Request. You will receive an email confirmation which will include your ticket #. When contacting the ITS Service Desk, please reference your ticket #.
For more information please visit our Service Request System (SRS) FAQ.