Wired Telephone Features
For high volume and/or advanced routing, Cal Poly offers an enterprise call center application called "MiCC". It requires agents to login in order to take calls, allows for advanced call handling features. If you are interested in this service, please open an SRS case to start the process. More Information about Call Center from Mitel Website
- Voice Call or Web Chat
- Skill-based routing provides customers answers fast
- Expected wait time and position in queue announcements and web display
- Workflow Designer
- Customizable real-time dashboards
- Web and in-queue callbacks
- Agent/Supervisor instant messaging
- Mobile Agent (smartphone) and Supervisor (tablet)
- Silent monitoring / barge-in
- Built-in Call Recording
- Integrated Quality Monitoring
- Allows multiple users sharing a single extension to have their individual voicemail box.
- Assists the callers to navigate options to different destinations before reaching the office.
- Guides the users to other destinations if no one answers the phone.
To request a call tree, please click on this link to download, and fill out the requested worksheet. Attach the worksheet in the SRS request and submit the ticket to ITS Voice Service.
Outgoing Caller ID (Number Presentation)
Beginning June 30, 2011, phone lines at Cal Poly display their actual numbers when dialing off-campus. This change is needed in order to stay current with modern 911 systems which use Caller ID to determine who is placing the call. Until now, campus phone numbers displayed 805-756-1111 unless employees took steps to opt-in to display their campus phone numbers. Learn More/Request Caller ID
Audio and Web Conferencing
Want to set up a teleconference? Need to host a webinar?
If needed for your event...
1. Contact Events Scheduling at 805-756-5550 to schedule a room for your event.
2. Contact your telephone coordinator to obtain an authorization code to allow you to call off-campus phone numbers. If they do not have one, they must request one through the Telephone Requests portlet. (Please allow 72 hours to process.)