Departmental Telephone Coordinator Responsibilities
The departmental telephone coordinator serves as a liaison between department members and the ITS Service Desk - Telephone Support staff.
Telephone Coordinator Responsibilities
- Process departmental requests for telephone moves, adds, and changes, giving IS a minimum of five (5) working days lead-time.
- Process departmental requests for advanced voice mail services.
- Report telephone problems to the IS Service Desk.
- Request and cancel cellular telephones and smartphones.
- Provide campus telephone directory changes.
- Provide AT&T Yellow and White Pages updates annually.
- Provide billing chartfield information for all requests.
- Monitor the telephone billing and report discrepancies.
- Provide telephone training for new staff and faculty members.
- Serve as the information point for the department when wide-spread communications updates and telephone problems occur.
Most telephone requests are easily submitted using our Telephone Requests portlet, but we understand there will be special situations where you will need to contact us to request assistance. If you have an emergency, please let us know. Otherwise, our students will enter an SRS Request and the staff members will be in touch as soon as possible.